TownSpot was created with the principal purpose of spotlighting the talents, skills and services of local artists and merchants in an exciting, accessible and secure platform. To accomplish this and provide you with the benefits and opportunities presented through our Service, we collect and use information you provide.
- Information You Provide. We receive and store information you provide to the Service. Some information you provide is maintained by TownSpot. Other information is not. For example, membership information such as a user's contact name, address, phone number or related information may be maintained by TownSpot for purposes of providing our website users, Member Account holders and merchants with the best website interphase and functionality. These purposes include, but are not limited to enhancing our features and services, and improving the design and infrastructure of TownSpot's website. This information will be maintained by TownSpot and will not be sold, traded or otherwise provided to other users, Member Account holders, merchants or any other third-party.
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). TownSpot may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Member Account.
In contrast, information such as credit card data entered on the Service may not be maintained by TownSpot. This information, as well, will not be sold, traded or otherwise provided to other Users, Members, Merchants or any other party by TownSpot.
- Cookies. Like most websites providing a service to users, the TownSpot website uses "cookies." Cookies are small bits of information that we transfer to your hard drive that allow us to recognize you when you visit TownSpot's website so that we may provide you with enhanced features and services, and a more customized experience going forward that is aimed at showcasing talent, skills and services that best match your interests.
- Other Information. Every computer has an IP "Internet Protocol" address. IP addresses of computers used to visit this site are noted. In addition, we automatically collect other information such as email addresses, browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site, as well as the following types of information:
- Location information. When you use a location-enabled TownSpot service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique Application Numbers. Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to the TownSpot when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local Storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
- Use of Information
- Customized Experience. We use your information to provide you with a customized TownSpot experience tailored to your preferences. Many parts of our website may be accessed without providing any personal information. Personal information is only required when necessary.
- Agents. As we mentioned, we contract with PayPal to process merchant transactions associated with advertising on TownSpot's website. They have access to personal information provided by advertisers as needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. As stated, we encourage you to be familiar with their privacy policies, click here.
- Law Enforcement. If we receive a lawful court order to release account or other personal information, we will comply with the law. We will also release information when necessary to protect the health, safety, or property of others. This includes, but is not limited to, providing information we have to third-parties to enhance fraud protection at on the Service and to pursue any misuse of the Service or TownSpot's website.
- Protecting Information. Our aim at TownSpot is to provide you with an exciting and enjoyable way of accessing the best of talent with the greatest of ease. To help ensure this, we are fully committed to protecting the security of information you provide to the Service, and will be vigilant in doing so. Here are some of the measures TownSpot employs:
- We use a firewall to protect against unlawful intrusion.
- Our credit card processor, PayPal, uses transaction filters and tools to protect credit card transactions.
- We limit access to your information on a "need to know" basis, depending on the party requesting it and the purpose of their request, as stated above.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Member Account – that includes being vigilant in keeping your password information secure and confidential. It is solely your responsibility.
- No system can guarantee absolute security, and by using the Service, you are fully aware of this. However, we take every reasonable precaution to assure that your data is secure and that your TownSpot experience is optimal. To help us accomplish this, we will rely on you to provide us with any information you learn concerning a possible breach of a Member Account. Therefore, you must notify TownSpot immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Member Account by emailing us at:
- Member Account. You will need to create a Member Account in order to access some of the exciting features and benefits of the Service. Your Member Account will include, among other things, basic personal information about yourself, such as your interests, tastes and talents. This personal information will be used for purposes that include, but are not limited to, creating a personal profile associated with your Member Account which will be accessible to other users of the Service. Access to some benefits of the Service, such as the opportunity to advertise on TownSpot's website or other mediums, will require that you provide additional personal information, including but not limited to, your credit card data for purposes of third-party payment processing. This information is used as described above. (For more information on how personal information provided in your member profile is used, see our Terms and Conditions.)